Saturday, January 8, 2011

In Transit

After having flights cancelled two days in a row Jeremy and I finally caught an evening flight out of Medford and out of the fog. Here we are with our luggage. Just the bare essentials. Laptop, camera and a few clothes. Oh and my skates and derby gear, paints, art supplies a few canvases, books and my motorcycle jacket...just in case I get a bike in Taiwan. =D


We had to overnight in San Francisco and take another flight to Taipei on Thursday. We did have to change planes in Narita/Tokyo. It would have been more exciting if we weren't soooo tired out. Here I am in front of some vending machines in the Tokyo airport.







Finally arriving in Taipei!




Greeting my Mom at the airport.


Had to carry all our luggage up 5 flights of stairs to my mom's apt in Tien Mu.


By the time we got everything upstairs and settled, we were starving! My mom took us on a late night tour of the neighborhood and we picked up some noodles, Cheetos and green tea for dinner. This is about 2am. There were still several markets open and a Japanese restaurant around the corner that's open 24/7.



Oh and a 24 hour McDonald's.


Instant noodle dishes at the OK Market.


Little sandwiches and more noodle cups and instant dinners.


Couldn't find any energy drinks, but I got this iced coffee stuff, and here are the noodles that I made for Jeremy. They smelled REALLY good. Just headed them up in a pan with some water. Not bad for $1.25 meal. I had cheetos for dinner. They were sort of cheesy....but not quite right.



It was just starting to get light when we went to bed. This is the view from my mom's apt downtown. She's on the top story of an apt right by this river so it's lush, beautiful and really quiet and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment